Privacy Notice for Website Users
1 January 2019
This Privacy Notice describes my rationale for how I process the personally identifying information (known as “personal data”) that I collect and receive from and about users of my website: www.clintonraminhos.co.uk
As a psychotherapeutic counsellor, protecting the privacy of my client’s personal information is central to my clinical work and business model.
I will only collect, keep, use and share personal data to give you information about or to deliver the service we have agreed upon, or if obliged to by law.
I will be transparent with you about the personal data I collect and how I will process this data.
For as long as I keep your personal data (within the law), I will ensure it is accurate, not shared beyond what I have described in this policy and stored securely.
When I ask you to provide certain personal information when using my services, it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice and the Privacy Notice for Clients.
I may update this Notice in the future, and I suggest that you regularly check this page to inform yourself of my up-to-date policy. This notice is effective from 1 January 2019.
By visiting my website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this notice, that apply to the use of my website.
Data collection, uses and sharing
• Personal data obtained directly from you when you make contact with me by using the “Contact” enquiry form on the website. I will only use this information to provide you will detail about the services requested from me. The legal basis for collecting and processing this personal data is to give you details about my services so that we you can decide if you would like to arrange an initial session, and if you would like to proceed, that we communicate with each other to arrange a session. If you decide not to work with me as a counsellor, or I do not hear back from you, I will delete your email enquiry from my inbox.
• If you ask to join my waiting list, I will store your information until I hear from you that you no longer want to remain on my waiting list, or if I do not receive a response from an email offering you a place, I will delete your details.
• If you become a client, I provide you with my Privacy Notice for Clients before your first session.
• The lawful basis for storing your information is “Contract” – to be able to provide a service to you.
They do not provide any information which might disclose the identity of a specific person but they may potentially identify your computer, your browser and your internet settings. You may change the storing of cookies in your browser settings at any time by selecting the function “accept no cookies”. However, disabling essential cookies may mean that you cannot use the entire functionality of the website
I use the following cookies:
• Cookies that are required for the operation of my site
• Analytical/performance cookies that help me to see how many people are visiting my site, when these visits were made and what country the visits were made from.
• Functionality cookies that are used to recognise you when you return to my website.
You can read more about Google Analytics here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
Security of information
The transmission of information through the internet is never completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to my site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. I would suggest not sending highly sensitive information by email or over the internet. I have an encrypted email account, and I can provide you with the email address for this account should you want to send me an encrypted email.
Rights of the Individual Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Your rights include:
• You have the right to be informed (which is the purpose of this Privacy Notice)
• The right of access (the right to see the information that I keep about you)
• The right to rectification (the right to request that I amend the details of any personal data that is factually incorrect, incomplete or misleading)
• The right to erasure (under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that I destroy the data that I keep).
• The right to restrict processing (under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that I no longer process the data that I store).
• The right of data portability (to data stored digitally)
• The right to object (because I use the lawful basis of “contract” to process your data, you do not have the right to object to me processing your information.)
If you would like to exercise any of your rights at any time, you can inform me verbally or in writing. I will respond to your request within one month.
Complaints, questions, comments and access requests are to be addressed to:
Clinton Raminhos (Data Controller)
If you require my physical address, please contact me on the email below and I will provide you with this information.
Telephone: 07931 390 147
Information Commissioner’s Office Data Protection Public Register Number: ZA517900
If you are not happy with the way I use your data, you can also contact the Information Commissioner's Office at: www.ico.org.uk or telephone them on: 0303 123 1113.
Copyright Clinton Raminhos 2019